Measures to support accessibility
We Are Futures takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of website:
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. The Energising Futures website is currently known to be partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on website:
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Postal Address: 1 Paris Garden, Southwark, London, SE1 8ND
We try to respond to feedback within 2 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
The Energising Futures website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Current standard browsers and most modern operating systems such as Windows and Mac.
The website is not compatible with:
- browsers older than 3 major versions and older browsers such as Internet Explorer
Accessibility of website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for website:
- Images of resources: Simple descriptions have been supplied, without going into detail of the visible content of the resources itself. This is because we have endeavoured to keep alt text short and going into great detail as to the resource content we would consider to be excessive. We are seeking wider external advice on our site accessibility in the next two months and will take all recommendations extremely seriously. Please do not hesitate to contact us with feedback.
- Video Content: Not all video content has subtitles. This is because some content is from the archive and is yet to be updated. We are continuing to review all archive content and update videos. If there are any videos you would like us to prioritise, please do not hesitate to get in contact with us.
We Are Futures assessed the accessibility of website by self-evaluation. A self-evaluation has been carried out as an interim measure until full accessibility checks can be made by the 1st November 2023. After this time a new accessibility document will be formulated.
We welcome and actively encourage any feedback on the accessibility of this site. Please contact [email protected] with any suggestions you may have, or issues that you experience and we will endeavour to resolve them in a timely and appropriate manner.